The Olive is a round unisex frame.
Feels like: Your organic, green aura is glowing.
After many years of making ethical eyewear by hand, this Ballo range is a meaningful breakthrough- sustainable, lightweight, durable, flexible, floating sunglasses. Made using cork (offcuts from wine bottle cork production), recycled poly-cotton canvas and finished with waterproof bio-resin.
What happens to sunglasses? They break or they get lost. Well, these are what we mostly hear from returning customers… We have a new collection that will hopefully solve these issues. Ropeys. Frame, lenses and rope. No arms. The ropes tighten around your head with lock toggles and can then be adjusted to sit on your head or hang around your neck (so you don’t loose them).
Ropeys are built to move- skating, trail running, mountain biking, beach days or just being a parent.
All frames are made with cork and advertising billboard. An extremely durable combination. Bend them, sit on them, hug people… no worries. And they float in water.
They’ll stay on your face all day and when the sun goes down, just hang them around your neck or put them up on your head.
After 7 years of making ethical eyewear by hand, this Ballo range is a fairly meaningful breakthrough- lightweight, durable, extremely flexible, sustainable, floating sunglasses. Made using cork, recycled poly-cotton canvas and bio-resin. These carbon neutral unisex frames are ready for the beach, the boat and the backyard.
More about Ballo:
Since 2013 all products have been handmade in Woodstock, Cape Town
- Frames contain upcycled / recycled / sustainably sourced materials
- Temples fitted with spring hinges for comfort
- Ballo lenses are made of a scratch and impact resistant CR-39. Our lenses are known for durability, clarity and visual acuity.
- All Ballo frames can be fit with your prescription/RX lenses by any optometrist
- Frames come packaged in ♻️ hard and soft cases
- Frames have a 12 month warranty against manufacturing faults
Dimensions: a. 45mm b. 15mm c. adjustable lock toggels